Parts Advisor / Trainee Parts Advisor
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Parts Advisor based at Langwathby, Cumbria. On offer is a varied role, working with a friendly, family-run business, who will provide first-class training and a positive working environment.
You will be an integral member of the aftersales team, responsible for assisting with the efficient operation of the parts department, speaking to customers over the phone and in-store, supplying parts to engineers, as well as assisting the service team with day-to-day activity.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of agriculture, machinery and equipment, and preferably a background in Agricultural Engineering or similar industry. Any experience in a parts department would also be beneficial.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established family business, who work with some of the largest names in the industry. You will be a valued member of a small team, whilst also being given the training to develop.
Duties will include:
- Parts identification - for all makes & models of agricultural machinery;
- Ensure parts orders are ready for customer collection or packaged for courier/postal delivery;
- Supply parts to Service Technicians including identifying parts required and ordering them to the relevant job number;
- Goods receiving;
- Maintain control of stock levels and stock takes;
- Ensure relevant administration tasks are completed as required.
Requirements for the role include:
- Knowledge of how a tractor works and of agricultural machinery is advantageous;
- Ability to use standard computer applications, experience of IBCOS Gold would be an advantage;
- Excellent customer relationship skills;
- Organised and able to work on own initiative;
- A full driving licence.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
For the right candidate with knowledge of agriculture, machinery and equipment, a trainee role may be considered.
Please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com