We are looking for a confident machine operator with a keen eye for detail to help with this varied role; which will involve preparing, driving, delivering and demonstrating tractors and other agricultural machinery and equipment, along with taking responsibility for deliveries and the yard area, good agricultural experience is crucial.
Flexibility and a ‘can do’ attitude would fit well with the existing team. The successful applicant will be a hard-working team player, with a pleasant manner, and will take pride in their appearance and the equipment they operate. Every day will be different in this wide-ranging and varied, customer facing role. This is an opportunity to join a small friendly team that are part of an expanding family-owned business.
Duties and Responsibilities (will include, but not limited to):
- Driving tractors and other agricultural machinery to make collections and deliveries;
- Demonstrating installing, offering general product support and advising customer on key functions and benefits for machinery (tractors, telehandlers, excavators, balers and other agricultural machinery).
- Promote the safe use of machinery and implements to the end user.
- Learning to perform pre-delivery setup on new or used equipment including assembly of products at our premises;
- Assist customers and suppliers in our yard when collecting or delivering items;
- Loading and unloading of vehicles in a safe and efficient manner and dealing with the relevant paperwork accurately;
- To maintain the agricultural stock in our yard, keeping the yard tidy and presentable;
- Preparing and cleaning tractors and agricultural machinery to a high standard for service and sale.
- Good knowledge of the agricultural industry and its equipment;
- Excellent customer service experience;
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative along with ability to take instructions;
- Agricultural driving experience;
- Full clean driving licence;
What we can offer you
- This role can be full time, part time, seasonal – dependant on the right candidate.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Annual leave: 20 days plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Nest Pension scheme.
To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.